Complete error description: “Etsy I can’t find where to purchase secondary shipping cost”; “shipping upgrades”
October 2, 2023
The Etsy error “A shipping profile entry has an invalid secondary cost” means that your chosen shipping profile has to be fixed as per their request.
As the Nembol doesn’t manage directly the secondary cost as additional fee to attach to your shipping profile, to fix this error you need to:
- Go in your Etsy account backend and select “Setting”
- Click on “Shipping” setting
- Click on “edit”, follow Etsy suggestions and make sure all information is correctly provided.
- Once done, select again the profile within the Etsy settings in Nembol.
- Relist your items again
- And you’re done!
Do you still have issues?
Check this guide to learn more about the secondary shipping cost on Etsy.
What is the "shipping upgrade option?"
The shipping upgrade option, also known as Secondary shipping cost, is an option buyers can opt in to get faster shipping. When a customer chooses this option, Etsy automatically adds the cost (you mention in this field) to the default shipping profile settings.
How to add secondary shipping cost on Etsy
Technically, Etsy doesn’t have a “secondary shipping cost” feature. However, it is possible to set an additional cost to your shipping profile settings. This feature is called “Shipping upgrade” and has to be set directly in your Etsy store backend.
All you need to do is:
- Go to your Etsy account settings
- Click on “Shipping” settings
- In the “Shipping profile” settings you can choose to create a new shipping profile or “edit” an existing one
- Click on the button “Add a Shipping Upgrade” to set the additional cost you would charge to get faster shipping.
- Once done, Etsy will add these costs to your default shipping policy.
Now, to use the delivery profile you set up, you must select it in your Etsy settings in Nembol:
- Login to your Nembol account
- In Channel Tab > click on the settings button next to Etsy logo > List to Etsy
- Select your shipping profile
- And you’re done!
Please note: The shipping upgrade cost is optional and strictly depends on the user's location. For this reason, this cost is only visible on Etsy, as Etsy itself is responsible for adding it to the default shipping profile when opted in by the buyer. Therefore, in Nembol, you will keep seeing the price without the additional "shipping upgrade" costs.