Full error name: “Facebook: Products need one of the following universal identifiers to run in ads: GTIN, MPN, Brand Name“
May 4, 2023
This error returned from Facebook states: Products need one of the following universal identifiers to run in ads:– Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) – Manufacturer part number (MPN) – Brand name.
Add a GTIN, MPN, or brand.
In order to submit products to Facebook Catalog, you need to add one of the following:
- Brand Name
- Unique Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) of the item (i.e. UPC, EAN, JAN, or ISBN)
You only need to enter one of these, not all of them.
Character limit: 100.
- The first one is added in the Brand field in Nembol.
- The second and the third ones, are in the Barcode field in Nembol.
- As for the MPN, we noticed that you can actually use any combination of numbers you want.