Updated on August 15, 2023
How to connect Shopify to Nembol
- Log in to Nembol and open the Channels Tab
- Click on the rounded big + button between Channels and Sync settings, top left.
- A overlay will open (screenshot), with a list of channels.
- Pick Shopify, and bear in mind that Nembol Pro plans and higher can connect more than one Shopify stores to their unique Nembol account.
- You will now be asked to type your store name. Bear in mind that this is not your full URL -> See the screenshot down below
- Nembol will take you to your Shopify account. Please log in using your Shopify credentials
- The login procedure is successful when you are taken back to Nembol and the Shopify settings show up.
Now let’s set the settings according to your needs
Nembol currently does not fully support Shopify locations. If you connect Nembol to a Shopify store with multiple locations, products which have at least one variations stored in more than one location will be prevented from syncing their inventory, and a warning will be displayed. Your correct inventory at all locations will be preserved.
Shopify settings in Nembol
Publish from Nembol to Shopify
Under this section of settings, you can select in which of your Shopify collections you wish your products published at the next publishing action.
You should choose “No collection”, if you use Shopify Automated collections, and you want your products automatically assigned to collections inside your Shopify account based on the rules you have set there, or you will set there.
Edit listings from Shopify
If you want to apply the edits made on Shopify to other channels as well, all you need to do is switch “ON” the “Edit from Nembol” in the settings of the channels you want to update.
With this setup, the changes you make in Shopify will be automatically imported in Nembol in a few seconds and shared across channels, in another few seconds or few minutes.
If you want to exclude some channel’s content from being updated, and the keep content independent there, just turn the “Edit from Nembol” OFF for that channel.
Content excluded from Edit from Shopify
- The Edit from Shopify function cannot delete variations from Shopify to Nembol, nor change their names. This means that if you edit in Shopify variations’ price, barcode, SKU-code, and stock count, such change will be reflected in Nembol and in connected channels. But if you change inside Shopify a variation’s name or delete a variation, such change will not pass on to Nembol nor to connected channels.
Corollary: if you need to delete a variation in a Shopify product, please do it in Nembol with Edit from Nembol ON (see below). If you do it in Shopify, because the change will not pass to Nembol, at the following edit Nembol will restore your deleted variation in Shopify.
- Edit from Shopify does not edit pictures from Shopify to Nembol. This means that if you change or edit the pictures of a product inside your Shopify store, this deletion or change will not pass on to Nembol nor to connected channels.
Corollary: if you need to delete or change a picture of a product in Shopify, please do it in Nembol with Edit from Nembol ON. If you do it in Shopify, because the picture deletion will not pass to Nembol, at the following edit Nembol will restore your previous picture in Shopify.
- Nembol does not currently manage picture per variation. This means that if your products on Shopify have pictures associated with their variations, such pictures will not be assigned to variations in Nembol, and therefore will not be transferred to connected channels.
Edit from Nembol
Turn it “ON” if you wish to edit your listings in Nembol, and have those edits transferred to the corresponding Shopify listings.
Note: This Setting exists in Nembol per each channel, and allows Nembol users to select to which single channel they wish edits done centrally to be transferred or not.
With this setup, when you edit a listing in Nembol: change description, edit title, tags, or product codes, add or delete one or more pictures, and then click “Save”, those edits will update your corresponding Shopify listing.
Turn this setting “OFF” if you wish not to update your Shopify listings from Nembol. Or if you have pictures assigned to your variations in Shopify, as per the following paragraph.
If you have pictures assigned to variations in Shopify
Please note that, at this time, Nembol doesn’t manage picture per variant. Therefore if you do have pictures assigned to variations in a product in Shopify, you should refrein from editing such product in Nembol.
Cheat sheet: combined results of Edit from Shopify ON and Edit from Nembol ON
- Delete variants in Shopify -> Variants are unchanged in Nembol
- Change in Shopify variation quantity, price, sku code -> All are changed in Nembol
- Change in Shopify variation name -> no change in Nembol
- Save in Nembol the product of which the variations had been cancelled in Shopify -> Variations recreated in Shopify (!!)
- Create a new variation in Nembol -> Variation is created in Shopify. Sku-codes and barcodes are preserved
- Variation deleted in Nembol -> Variation is deleted in Shopify. SKU-codes are preserved
- Barcode added in Nembol to existing variation in Shopify and Nembol -> Barcode added in Shopify
- SKU-code edited in Nembol -> SKU-code edited in Shopify
- Picture added in Nembol -> Picture added in Shopify
- Picture deleted in Nembol -> Picture deleted in Shopify
- Picture deleted in Shopify -> Picture unchanged in Nembol -> Picture gets recreated in Shopify if you save / edit in Nembol
- Picture per variation exists in Shopify -> Nembol imports all pictures but does not manage the association of the imported pictures to each variation.
Transfer orders to Shopify
Turn it “ON” if you want Nembol to import the orders you receive in multiple channels into your Shopify backend.
With this setup, when you receive an order on eBay, Etsy, Amazon, or WooCommerce, Nembol will receive this order and send it into your Shopify orders tab, divided in order lines. Orders from channels will be marked accordingly inside your Shopify backend, to ease your management work.
Keep it “OFF” if you don’t wish your multichannel orders to be transferred into Shopify.
Important things to know about Transfer orders to Shopify
- Nembol will create one Shopify order per each order line you receive on a connected channel. This means that if you receive an order, say on eBay, for two pieces of the same product, Nembol will create in Shopify one order for two pieces; but if you receive, say still on eBay, an order for one each of two different products, Nembol will create in Shopify two orders for one item each.
- Nembol will associate to your Shopify order the product as it is in Shopify. This means that if you have a price on the connected channel, say eBay again, and a different price in Shopify, the Shopify price will prevail. It also means that if you receive, on another channel, an order for a product that does not exist in your Shopify store, this order will not be transferred into Shopify.
- Shipping costs, discounts, and promotions are channel-specific and none of them will get transferred into Shopify orders.
Please note: Nembol will transfer only product data. Shipping costs, discounts, coupons will not be transfered.
List to Shopify
Before listing your products on Shopify, make sure to adjust the following settings according to your needs and objectives:
- Turn ON the Pricing rules if you wish to automatically adjust your prices by percentage, or fixed amount. Otherwise keep them OFF
- Choose whether to set the automatic rounding ON, or keep it OFF
- Choose a collection where you want your products published
Once done, save changes, and try listing your products on Shopify!
Note that Nembol does not currently manage picture per variation, from or to any channel.
Please always proceed gradually, test with one or more products first, maybe picking them per type: one with variations, one without, one with pictures of a format or provenance, another with pictures of a different format or provenance.
Once you’re done with testing, and results are according to your needs, proceed in bulk, In case of any doubts or needs, please contact our Customer Support in the chat here or in-app.
As of Jun 8 2023, Shopify policies do not allow listing products from a Shopify store to another Shopify store. However, you can still connect your listings, and sync them.
Import from Shopify
If you are starting from Shopify, and wish to import your listings into Nembol, adjust your settings first.
- Filter your product by Product Status
- And choose if to import descriptions in HTML format, or not
Once done, save changes, and you are all set to run your first import.
Later on, those settings can be changed if you wish to import more products with different settings.
At the time being, Nembol does not fully support multiple locations on Shopify accounts.
In practice, Nembol cannot sync products with at least one SKU (i.e. at least one variant) stocked on multiple Shopify location warehouses. When Nembol detects a product with the same SKU in more than 1 Shopify location, it stops syncing that product to avoid risks of sync faults, Nembol subsequently displays an error for that product:
This product does not sync with Shopify because it has one or more variants inside multiple Shopify Locations.
The only way to sync even these products would be by removing redundant locations that are no longer needed or that have been generated as a test. To do so, you need to access your Shopify backend > click on Settings > Locations, then select the locations you don’t need anymore and scroll down to the “deactivate location” button.