Full error name: “XML Parsing Error; cannot list on Amazon“
May 2, 2023
At the moment you can list to Amazon only products that have ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number). It is a 10-character identifier assigned by Amazon for product identification within Amazon.
ASINs help Amazon to identify and track products, and they are necessary in order to list your product on their platform. Otherwise, the product gets rejected.
Important things about listing on Amazon
Here are the key things to keep in mind when listing a product on Amazon:
- If the product already exists in Amazon’s catalog, it will have a unique identifier called an ASIN. This means the product already exists on Amazon, hence, while listing with Nembol, Amazon will automatically recognize the product and associate it with the correct ASIN.
- If you’re getting a “Parsing XML error” when trying to list the product, it may be because the product does not have an ASIN yet. In this case, you can try searching for the product’s ASIN using the barcode or the product title on Amazon’s Seller Central.
- If you’re unable to find the ASIN for the product, you’ll need to create the listing directly on Amazon (and import it into Nembol if you want to link and sync it with your other channels).
How to search for an ASIN?
Here are the steps to search for an ASIN using a product title on Amazon’s Seller Central:
- Log in to your Seller Central account.
- Click on the “Inventory” tab.
- Select “Add a Product” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Search for a Product” on the next screen.
- Enter the title of the product in the “Product Name” field and click on “Search”.
If the product is found, the ASIN will be displayed along with the product details. In this case, you can copy the barcode and paste it into your product card and retry the publication.
If the product is not found, you will be prompted to create a new product listing.
Note that this is for searching for an ASIN of a product already existing on Amazon, if it’s not found you will have to list the product with a new ASIN.